Here we are again, folks. After six more months of development (two years since the last LTS), we’ve got another fantastic release — Xubuntu 16.04 LTS “Xenial Xerus”! Continue reading Xubuntu 16.04 LTS “Xenial Xerus” Released
Some releases are notable only for their improved translations. LightDM GTK+ Greeter Settings 1.2.1, MenuLibre 2.1.3, and Xfce Panel Switch 1.0.4 are such releases. Continue reading Translation Updates!
A new release of Xubuntu is just around the corner! The release candidate for Xubuntu 15.10 “Wily Werewolf” is now available, with the final release expected less than a week from now on October 22. Find out what’s new!
LightDM GTK+ Greeter and it’s accompanying configuration application have been updated! A number of bugs have been fixed in the greeter, and a new multihead configuration dialog has been added to LightDM GTK+ Greeter Settings.
Both applications have been added to the Stable PPA. Some users are reporting a solid-color background on some themes with the latest release. A workaround is posted here.
New in LightDM GTK+ Greeter 2.0.1
- New Features
- Support for multiple configuration files (LP: #1421587)
- Bugs Fixed
- Multihead setup: black/white/grey screen at startup (LP: #1410406, #1426664, #1449567, #1448761)
- Switching active monitors with Onboard on-screen can leave it’s window in an invalid state
- Onboard does not react to mouse clicks
- Window focus is lost after changing monitor configuration
- Every lock activates a new virtual terminal with GTK 3.16 (LP: #1445461)
- Broken delayed autologin (LP: #854261)
- Message label can remain hidden when it must be visible (GTK: #710888)
New in Greeter Settings 1.2.0
- Support for LightDM GTK+ Greeter 2.0.1
- New Features
- xembed mode: Run app without privileges if pkexec fails
- New multihead setup dialog
- Support for multiple configuration files (see above)
- Bugs Fixed
- New and Updated Translations
- Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, Catalan, Croatian, Finnish, French, German, Japanese, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Spanish
The latest versions of LightDM GTK+ Greeter and Settings can be downloaded from Launchpad:
Both applications will be updated for supported Ubuntu releases at the Stable PPA this week, and will make their way into Ubuntu 15.10 as regular updates.
Thanks to all the translators who have worked diligently to translate these projects into their native languages. Also, a huge thanks to Andrew P., who has largely taken over maintenance of the greeter and is solely responsible for the existence of the settings application.
If you want to contribute to these projects, head over to each project page on Launchpad:
The latest release of LightDM GTK+ Greeter proves to be the most functional and stable release to date. Find out more after the jump. Continue reading LightDM GTK+ Greeter 1.8.4 Released