LightDM GTK+ Greeter 1.7.1 Released
Progress continues on the development of the LightDM GTK+ Greeter. The second release of the 1.7 development series adds even more customization options and stability to an already great product.
These new features build on top of what was recently added in 1.7.0. For more information about that release, please see this post.
- The “border-radius” property for the login window and power dialogs is now themeable with CSS.
- Widgets now support a themed alpha channel for “fake” transparency.
- Sessions are now represented by a graphical badge, similar to Unity Greeter
- Languages are now represented by a country-code label.
- LP #1266449: greeter crashes on empty username
- LP #1264563: switch-to-greeter does not set lock hint
- LP #1264771: Password entry box is not defined as invisible in glade definition
- LP #1267742: Screen artifacts appear after restart and cold boot
- LP #1270530: Login screen has boxes instead of text when font is not set
- Improved username tooltips
- Fixed memory leak in clock feature
- Improved xscreensaver timeout functionality
- Login button is now the “default” widget
- Windows can no longer be positioned off-screen
Download and Installation
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:lightdm-gtk-greeter-team/stable
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install lightdm-gtk-greeter
If you find any bugs, please report them on the bugs page.